But what I don't get is why?
(Except for you people with kids, I get that).
I do get that this is a scary, uncertain, confusing, and stressful time. So why add on to all of that boredom.
Plus how can you be bored when there are just so many wonderful and exciting things that you could be doing!
I can not believe the amount of people who do nothing but complain about work, and as soon as work is canceled and they are allowed to remain home, they do nothing but complain about that.
If you can't relax/ have fun/ do some thinking/ get things done while at your home, then you are doing it wrong!
So take a look at my list of 100 things to do in quarantine, and try and make the best of this time- use it for self improvement, have fun, and relax.
2. Play board games.
3. Write letters.
4. Make phone calls.
5. Volunteer at a local animal shelter (check with local laws and the shelter first).
6. Learn a language.
7. Do a deep clean of your entire house; scrub the walls, dust the vents, scrub the toilet, the works.
11. Find out your geneology.
12. Do all those projects around your house that you say you will do "someday". Well guess what, someday is here! Let's get to it!
14. Write a song.
15. Have an at home spa day. There are plenty of inexpensive ways you can pamper yourself at home.
16. Give your pet an at home spa day.
17. Play hide and go seek.
19. Print out all those pictures on your phone and make a photo album.
21. Purge your inbox.
22. Facetime wine time with friends.
23. Read an 'Idiot's Guide' book about something you've always wanted to learn.
24. Invest in the stock market. Use my link
to sign up for Robinhood [which is the app I use for investing] and we both get a free stock!).
25. Clean out the garage.
26. Teach an old dog new tricks.
27. Check your smoke detector batteries.
28. Delete all those out of focus and blurry photos, and text threads on your phone.
29. Make a pile of stuff to donate (though be warned, I know that some [I'm not sure about all] thrift stores aren't taking donations right now, so the pile may have to sit in a corner for a while).
31. Build a fort in your living room. Our neighbors did this, and it was too cute of them!
33. Give your pet your full attention, and lots of love.
34. Drink lots of water. I know that time is a big factor why I don't usually drink enough water. When I'm at work I don't have time to be nonstop chugging water, not to mention jogging off to the bathroom every 20 minutes! So while you're in quarantine this is a great time to be drinking all the water. It's so good for you!
35. Read blogs (hint hint, I have 8 years worth of posts on here!). I also have a list of my favorite blogs on the bottom of my right-hand sidebar.
36. Do daily affirmations.
37. Have a dance party.
38. Write poetry.
39. Hacky sack.
41. Read my Bucket List.
42. Cross things off your Bucket List.
43. Start a blog.
44. Deep clean your car.
46. Get crafty; sew, knit, crochet.
47. Practice doing your makeup.
48. De-clutter the house.
49. Ponder the meaning of life.
51. Watch that series or trilogy you've been wanting to. We're making our way through Harry Potter.
52. Create a financial plan for when this is all over.
53. Clean out your fridge.
54. Deep clean your freezer.
56. Write and self-publish a book on Amazon.
57. Find new music to listen to.
58. Organize your house. Ensure that everything has a place.
59. Take pictures. Flowers, your dog, yourself, food, anything!
61. Start doing research for your dream job. If you're not in the career or job you want, take this very unique time to figure it out!
62. Decorate a room. Get creative. Make your home a place you like being in.
63. Make a budget
64. Spend all day in bed. Cuddle, eat, be lazy, enjoy.
66. Stream your video games on Mixer.
67. Play an instrument and sing along.
68. Take a relaxing bath. I take one every single week and it is pure magic.
69. Learn to juggle.
71. Practice doing your hair. Try fun new styles.
73. Sit on your porch with a drink in hand and act like you're on the vacation that you are.
74. Take turns giving each other massages.
76. Make a decoupage notebook.
77. Create your own fashion statement.
78. Do a big beautiful puzzle.
79. Turn old pants into shorts.
81. Grow out your hair. Been putting off growing out those bangs/your bob/that bad haircut because of the dreaded awkward stage? Do it now! Who's going to judge you? Your dog?
82. Make your own world changing plan.
83. Have a picnic in your living room.
84. Build a massive something with Legos/blocks. I'm talking about an entire village taking up an entire room in your house!
86. Do a deep clean of your closet. Anything that you are unsure of, put aside, and do a fashion show in your living room to see if it really looks and feels good!
87. Figure out your next tattoo.
88. Start planning your Halloween costume.
89. Make some comforting and delicious ice cream hot chocolate. It is perfect for curling up with on the couch!
91. Watch all the animals at the Georgia Aquarium! They have live videos streaming from every part of the aquarium and it is way too cute!!! Penguins, whale sharks, puffins, otters, sea lions, belugas, they have it all! I used to volunteer at the Georgia Aquarium and it is a wonderful organization, go check them out!
92. Start making some homemade Christmas gifts.
93. Read all about my life. Hey, if you're bored, why not!
94. Make indoor s'mores.
96. Do yoga. Clear your mind and free your body.
97. Do a detox.
98. Finally break free from the fear that is holding you back.
99. Find some inner peace. Once you do that, you won't always have to be running around distracting yourself from your thoughts.
We have been given an amazing opportunity to slow down and have some alone time with our thoughts. Definitely do some fun things during this time, but please do not miss out on this opportunity to sit in the stillness and ask yourself some real questions. I definitely recommend my book, "Creating Your Dream Life; a Road Map" to assist you in this oh so important task. In my book I ask you all the questions that you need to answer in order to figure out and live your Dream Life. Your future self thanks you for taking this step.
I really hope you got something out of this post and can stop worrying, and start living.
Please share around so we can all begin to live our best lives during this difficult time.
Peace Love and Quarantine