I hope that 2015 is treating you all very good!
I absolutely adore the beginning of a New Year, but for most people, it's a time that they feel obligated to set some resolutions that they know will be abandoned by the end of February.
But I think, that the beginning of a New Year is special. Yes, technically it is just another day in the many running consecutive days of your life! But! I really feel that it is symbolic. It's a fresh start! Put the past year, and your past troubles and worries behind you, and focus on this exciting, new adventure awaiting you! A brand new year that no one has ever experienced before!
So! Because of this exciting new opportunity that we all have surrounding us, I have in this post lots of inspiration to help you jump start this New Year, and your Life!
So carve out a bit of time that you can devote to relaxing, reading, thinking, and planning! Good luck!!!
Nothin' kick starts good flow and positive vibrations like cleaning out and de-cluttering a room! When you clean a room, it creates a clean mind, and a fresh start!
I've been on a month long purging binge in my room, and it feels fantastic! That is everything I'm getting rid of in the above picture!
1. First, pick a room. Pick a room, any room!
2. Then, get three boxes. Label one "Keep", "Recycle", and "Donate". In the Recycle box, put things that can be recycled such as papers and bottles. Try to keep as much stuff out of landfills as you can! In the Donate box put everything else you don't want. Clothes, books, cds, knick knacks, etc.
3. Go through everything in that room! Top to bottom! Under beds, in drawers, on shelves, and every last book, dvd, and article of clothing!
4. Every item you come across, toss it in one of the three boxes.
5. If you can't make up your mind about something, look at it and think, "When was the last time I wore this/watched this/used this?" If the answer is not in a loooong time, then you probably won't use it again, and it's not worth taking up your precious space!
6. Don't get discouraged if this takes a long time, especially if you're new to this! Getting rid of items can be very scary and emotional for people! So carve out a couple days to do this.
7. Once you have put every item in a box, take the "Recycle" Box, and take it to your local Recycling Area. With the "Donate" Box, there's a couple things you can do with it. I personally, first let my mom and sister go through it and take whatever they want. Then if there's nice clothing left, I take it to Plato's Closet, a local consignment store, and make some money off it! Then all the leftover items I have, I donate to the Thrift Store in my town, where all the proceeds go to charity (Note. Goodwill does not donate to charity). You can donate your items to any thrift store, the Salvation Army, or a homeless shelter! Get creative with it!
8. And now with the "Keep" Box. Take the stuff out, and either put them in another room in your house, or back in the original room. Re-arrange the furniture, and organize everything so that it is easily accessible, and pleasing to look at!
9. See? Don't you feel good?!!
Peace Love and The New Year